Apple Pie

The original recipe is from Nancy, and was present at many of Scott's birthdays and later, Nick's birthdays too. For a Pyrex pie plate, I used 5 apples.


5-7 tart apples, cored, peeled and sliced (I used 4 Granny Smiths and 1 Cosmic Crisp)
1- 2 tbsp flour, depending on how juicy the apples are
1 cup sugar (I used about ⅔ cup)
⅛ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
2 tsp butter
extra sugar to sprinkle on the top
  1. Carefully place the bottom crust in the pie plate.
  2. Core, peel, and slice the the apples and place into a bowl. Add the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix thoroughly. Dot with butter.
  3. Place the other crust over the pie and seal the sides (crimp). Add slits to the top pie crust to allow the juices to flow if needed.
  4. Gently wet the top crust and sprinkle with sugar.
  5. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Lower temp to 350F for another 45-60 minutes.
Print Friendly and PDF